Few hours after retreating from the #ResumeOrResign protests in Abuja, Charly Boy went on Instagram to challenge fellow singer, Innocent Idibia a.k.a 2face, to speak out and join the clamour for better governance.
Charly Boy made the call in a new video, which he posted on the social media network on Wednesday night.
A day before the suspension of the #ResumeOrResign protest, the group led by Charly Boy were al,ost lynched by persons believed to be supporters of President Muhammadu Buhari at the Wuse market in Abuja.
Charly Boy and his group which includes Deji Adeyanju demand the immediate resumption of President Muhammadu Buhari to office or his resignation.
It would be recalled that in February, 2face announced plans to organise the #IStandWithNigeria protest but pulled out in the last minute citing police reports that hoodlums were planning to hijack the protest. The protest however, still held in major cities across the country. Charly Boy eventually led the protest with some other entertainers, in the absence of 2face.
In the Instagram video, Charly Boy said, “My guy 2face, I am not happy with you. Since I couldn’t reach you directly, I decided to reach you through this medium. Do you remember when you called on Nigerian youths to come out and protest? We obeyed because we thought you had a good intention to stand up to the injustices against the youths and masses of this country. But, as you retreated into a hole since then, I am very pained. If a beckon of hope like you can be lily-livered when people need you more, what is your problem?
“2face are you happy with the way Nigeria is headed? Are you saying you have not head about the resume or resign protest, why are you not involved?”
2face is yet to react to Charly Boy’s comments.
The singer also lamented the absence of his colleagues at the protest. Actor, Jim Iyke, was the only entertainer who joined the protests on Monday.
On his decision to suspend the protest, Charly Boy said: “This wasn’t an ethnic Protest, but they turned it so. It was a peaceful protest, but they made it violent. It wasn’t a personal attack on our sick President, but they twisted the matter. I called off the protest because I value the lives of the tenacious, consistence, dogged, rugged and focused exceptional Youths. We know the game and we will beat the modaf**kers at it. OurMumuDonDo”.
The Presidency on Wednesday criticised the #ResumeOrResigngroup led by Charly Boy, for taking the protests to a sensitive spot like the Wuse market.